The Trusted English Course
SMARTER is the course our teachers and learners can depend on. Why? Because of a consolidated syllabus, conversational, motivating topics, and surely focused tasks with a real understanding of what to be taught in the classroom. It all takes for productive teaching and productive learning. Tested and used in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it’s probably popular among the second English language speakers.
• Thorough contents, scope, and sequence.
• Grammar exercises given to classes online and in person.
• Conversation and presentation and listening done in classes.
• SMARTER would certainly be one of our first choices as it’s innovative, fun, challenging, and useful.
SMARTER Level 1
• Unit 1- Language focus- alphabets- numbers – days – weeks – months- colors- make common nouns- plural/singular – a and an.
• Unit 2- Language- grammar- using subject pronouns. Speaking- introducing yourself/ talking about occupations.
• Unit 3- Language focus- jobs/occupations. Tense review- making affirmatives and negatives with verbs to be and contractions. Making questions about personal information.
• Unit 4- Speaking/ vocabulary- discussing family relationship. Tense review- nouns & possessives.
SMARTER Level 2
• Unit 1- Communication- using subject pronouns/ introductions- greetings and goodbyes. Tense review- verb to be- subject pronouns. Vocabulary- pronouns- jobs and occupations. Writing- verb to be- writing questions Who+verb to be.
• Unit 2- Language focus- jobs/occupations- verb to be. Tense review- When/What time is it?. Vocabulary- locations. Writing- When/What time is/Where?
• Unit 3- Tense review- Why+to be/How+to be. Vocabulary Adjective for feelings. Writing- questions.
• Unit 4- Tense review- This/ That+ to be. These/Those+ to be. Writing- This/That for questions and statements. Speaking- This and That+nouns. Grammar- possessives+ These and those.
SMARTER Level 3
• Unit 1- Conversation- personal information/ Saudi cities. Vocabulary- cities and countries. Tense review- present simple.
• Unit 2- Tense review- verb to be – positives/negatives. Vocabulary/ jobs/ occupations. Grammar- present continuous.
• Unit 3- Tense review- like/ love+ nouns or gerounds- Vocabulary- activities in KSA- grammar- Do you like? Do you love? Do you dislike?
• Unit 4- Conversation- discuss family relationship. Tense review- pronouns and possessives.
SMARTER Level 4
• Unit 1- Conversation/ speaking- My home. Tense review- There is/ There are. Grammar- Frequency adverbs.
• Unit 2- Speaking- Last weekend. Tense review- Past simple- regular/irregular. Probability- Might/Will.
• Unit 3- Speaking- I’m hungry. Tense review- Present simple for routines. Grammar- obligations- Have to/ Has to/ Don’t have to/Doesn’t have to.
• Unit 4- Conversation- Things I have. Tense review- Ability- Can/Can’t.
SMARTER Level 5
• Unit 1- Conversation- Sports and activities. Healthy diet/ Dialogue on the benefits of sports. Speaking- Positions of people. Grammar- Present simple- Play, Do, and Go. Vocabulary- Things to do.
• Unit 2- Speaking- Why do people exercise? Tense review- Using prepositions/ Using time expressions. Speaking- About sports. Vocabulary- expressing performance- Giving presentations.
• Unit 3- Conversation- Taking care of your health. Reading- Football/ History of football in KSA/ Saudi league. Speaking- Activities we do in our lives. Tense review- Comparatives and comparison adjectives. Vocabulary- Unhealthy and healthy foods. Grammar- Present simple.
• Unit 4- Reading- The benefits of drinking juice. Conversation- Healthier choices and healthy eating. Tense review- Negative and positive agreements. Reading- Helping your family keep fit. Speaking- describing places.
SMARTER Level 6
• Unit 1- Reading- Healthy living begins when you are young. Tense review- Past simple- regular and irregular/ Did. Speaking- Going to the movies- visiting the bank. Grammar- Adjectives. Using the correct verbs. Conversation- Travel plans and postcards.
• Unit 2- Reading- High achievers in basketball. Grammar- Sports- Used to. Vocabulary- Expressing performance. Reading- The most beautiful city in the world and cities in Saudi Arabia. Writing- Activities you would like to do.
• Unit 3- Reading- Biography of a great king. Speaking- What is the best way to give to the needy. Tense review- Present perfect tense/ Past participle.
• Unit 4- Grammar- Using imperatives/ Used to. Reading- High gadgets. Grammar- Used to+ verb/ Used for+ verb. Writing- How technology has shaped our life. Grammar- Subject and predicate. Reading- The Saudi computer geeks.
SMARTER Level 7
• Unit 1- Speaking- On the job. Vocabulary- Pages 4,6,and 8. Conversation- Job interview/ Dream jobs. Reading- Interviewing strategies. Writing- Tasks.
• Unit 2- Grammar- Present simple/ Past simple- Used to. Speaking- Changing with the times. Vocabulary- Pages 12, 14, and 16. Writing- The I cloud- Pages 13,15, and 17. Reading- Tech in review. Writing- Task together.
• Unit 3- Grammar- Adjectives/ Present perfect tense/ Like and would like. Vocabulary- Pages 20,22, and 24. Discussion- Safety ideas- Pages 21, 23, and 26. Reading- Internet safety. Writing- Task together.
• Unit 4- Grammar- Past simple- Regular/Irregular- Present perfect tense (Active and passive)- Like and would like. Vocabulary- Pages 31,33, and 35. Speaking- Creative ideas- Prototypes. Writing- Read the story excerpt. Reading- The Elephants who paint.
• Unit 5- Vocabulary- Pages 39,41, and 42. Grammar- Past simple- Regular/Irregular- Present perfect tense (Active and passive)- Like and would like. Vocabulary- Pages 31,33, and 35. Speaking- Creative ideas- Prototypes. Writing- Read the story excerpt. Reading- The Elephants who paint. Writing- How to wear a life jacket/ a backpack. Reading- Training video.
• Unit 6- Vocabulary- Pages 46,48, and 50. Conversation- Teachers in your life. Writing- What makes you cool or not cool? Reading- Seeing blind.
SMARTER Level 8
• Unit 7- Speaking- Living greener. Vocabulary- Pages 4, 6, and 8. Speaking- Personal use of green technology. Writing- Benefits and challenges of energy plants. Reading- Green day. Grammar- Present perfect simple and continuous- Active/passive.
• Unit 8- Speaking- What matters to me. Vocabulary- Pages 12, 14, and 16. Speaking- Free day activities. Writing- Things you do to enjoy life. Speaking- Personal identity. Reading- diary entry. Grammar- First conditional- Future simple- Will and Going to.
• Unit 9- Speaking- Shopping around. Vocabulary- Pages 20,22, and 24. Writing- Pros and Cons of shopping online/ Discount coupons. Reading- New computer. Writing- Task together.
• Unit 10- Speaking – Healthy living. Vocabulary- Pages 30, 32, and 34. Speaking- Calories/ What exercises do you do? Writing- Activities/ Ten health and body tips. Reading- Quick health tips. Grammar- First conditional- Future simple- Will and Going to.
• Unit 11- Speaking- Celebration days. Vocabulary- Pages 38, 40, and 42. Speaking- International Earth Day. Reading- Martin Luther King Jr.
• Unit 12- Challenge me- Speaking- Vocabulary- Pages 46, 48, and 50. Grammar- First conditional- Future simple- Will and Going to- Present perfect simple and continuous- Active/passive. Writing- Page 49. Reading- Dreams I never knew I had.
SMARTER Level 9
• Unit 1- Speaking- First impressions- Vocabulary- Pages 4,6,and 8- Speaking- Page 9- Reading- The body language- Grammar- Gerunds and infinitives.
• Unit 2- Speaking- Motivation- Vocabulary- Pages 12, 14, and 16- Grammar- Gerunds and infinitives/ giving opinions.
• Unit 3- Teamwork and leadership- Speaking- Vocabulary- Pages 20, 22, and 24- Speaking/ reading- Grammar- First and second conditionals.
• Unit 4- Success- Vocabulary- Pages 30,32,and 34- Reading- Chasing success- Grammar- Model auxiliary verbs.
• Unit 5- Speaking- Technology- Vocabulary- Pages 30, 38, 40, and 42- Reading- The simple beginning of modern technology- Writing- Given in class- Grammar- Model verb- Probability 2.
• Unit 6- Changes- Speaking- Vocabulary- Pages 46, 48, and 50- Reading- Changing habits- Grammar- Model auxiliary verbs- (present/ future and probability)- Writing- Given in class.
SMARTER Level 10
• Unit 1- Speaking- How to- Vocabulary- Pages 4,6, and 8- Reading- Working with Elephants- Writing- Given in class- Grammar- Present perfect/ Present perfect continuous (active/passive).
• Unit 2- Global awareness- Speaking- Vocabulary- Pages 12, 14, and 16- Grammar- Past simple- Past continuous (active/ passive)- Adjectives -ed/ -ing – Reading- The Plastic Effect- Writing- Given in class.
• Unit 3- Speaking- Definitions- Vocabulary- Pages 20, 22, and 24- Reading- Noah Webster- Writing- Given in class.
• Unit 4- Giving information- Vocabulary- Pages 30, 32, and 34- Grammar- Past perfect/ Past perfect continuous (active/passive)- Writing- Given in class- Speaking- Two cities you have lived- Reading- How we communicate.
• Unit 5- Speaking- Humor- Vocabulary- Pages 38, 40, and 42- Grammar- Third conditional- Reading- The Science of Jokes—Writing- Given in class.
• Unit 6 – Aspirations- Vocabulary- Pages 46, 48, and 50- Grammar- Model auxiliary verbs/ Past possibility/-ed /-ing adjectives- Writing- Given in class.
SMARTER Level 11
• Unit 1- Speaking- Our Dreams- Vocabulary- Pages 4,6, and 8- Reading- The Man Who Discovered Penicillin- Writing- Given in class.
• Unit 2- Speaking- Influence- Vocabulary- Pages 12, 14, and 16- Writing- Given in class- Reading- Influence.
• Unit 3- Speaking- Making Connections- Vocabulary – Pages 20, 22, and 24- Reading- Delete Your Facebook Account- Writing – Given in class- Grammar- Reported speech- Table to be given in class with explanations.
• Unit 4- Speaking- Positive attitude- Vocabulary- Pages 30, 32, and 34- Reading- Keeping a positive attitude- Grammar- Imperatives- All/ Every.
• Unit 5- Speaking – Games Skills- Vocabulary – Pages 38, 40, and 42- Reading –History of Video games.
• Unit 6- Speaking- Take a risk- Vocabulary- Pages 46, 48, and 50- Reading- A Risk For A Reward- Writing- Given in class.
SMARTER Level 12
• Unit 1- Speaking- Getting Organized- Vocabulary- Pages 64, 66, and 68- Reading- From The Desk of Gilles Triquet- Writing- Given in class.
• Unit 2- Speaking- Quality of Being- Vocabulary- Pages 72, 74, and 76- Reading- Fair-Trade Java- Writing- Given in class- Grammar- Auxiliary verbs.
• Unit 3- Speaking- Managing Balance- Vocabulary- Pages 80, 82, and 84- Writing- Given in class- Reading- Advanced Praise For The Total Money Makeover.
• Unit 4- Speaking- Responsibility- Vocabulary- Pages 90, 92, and 94- Reading- Protecting Creativity/ Creative commons- Grammar- First and second and third conditionals- Writing- Given in class.
• Unit 5- Speaking- Innovations- Vocabulary- Pages 98, 100,and 102- Reading- Nicola Tesla- Inventor- Writing- Given in class- Grammar- Future perfect and future perfect continuous (active/passive)- Make a grammar table for students.
• Unit 6- Speaking- Moving Forward- Vocabulary- Pages 106, 108, and 110- Reading- Moving Forward- Writing- Given in class- Grammar- Future perfect and continuous.